Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keane-ology

These are just a few of the words you may hear coming from Keane's mouth these days.
Recognizing that he is still young, and that proper pronunciation will come in time...I am listing these as a reminder to myself. Not only to remind myself of how cute it sounded, but to remind myself, that no matter how many meanings a word may have there is hope that one day he will be able to talk properly! Thankfully most of these pronunciations are easy to understand in context.

NoAn =
Noah/No One
Harport = Sun or sky, or "Up High"...I'm thinking this was derived from us pointing out airplanes in the sky
Yutchy = Yucky
HayKor = Hug & Kiss

Pone = Phone
NoNee (No-knee) = Tomato (ya I know - sounds more like macaroni!)
Cumomo = Cucumber
NuNu
or NewNew = Noodles

Show-der (4 meanings)
Shoulder
Shower
Stroller
Soother (very very occasionally)

Sue (2 meanings)
Soother *primary meaning
Shoes

Cud-er (2 meanings)
Cuddle
Color

Terre (2 meanings)
Turn
Share (I think this one may have been a combination of the two words)

Spore(t) (3 meanings)
Spoon
Fork
Broken (I'm not really sure how he gets Spore for broken, but hey - whatever works for a 2 year old!)

Care(2 meanings)
Carry
Carrot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote History

Over the past year-ish 'auntie Abby' and the Kehler Klan have attempted to capture the cutest and most bizarre quotes that Aiden & Izak...and sometimes, the adults of the house have said. Here are the results of this process. If I know the date it was said, I've included it, for future reference.