As you may or may not know Aiden & Izak are in French Immersion.
They get great joy out of talking French...especially if we have no idea what they are talking about. Oye...it's starting already and they are only in Grade 1 - I'm in trouble!!!!!
At any rate...
We were at the Safeway Bakery, where, as any parent knows, they give free cookies to children (happy kids = happy parents; happy parents buy more).
We've always used to cookie as a bribery tool - if you are good, and don't complain, whine, beg for everything you see etc..., you get a cookie AT THE END of our shopping trip.
Another requirement has always been to say Please & Thank you.
Well Izak decided that he needed to say Thank You in French - Whatever, I don't care - he's still saying it.
The conversation went a little like this:
Izak: Please can I have a Cookie
Keane: Please, Cookie
Safeway Lady: What good manners (hands them a cookie)
Izak: Merci, Mommy I said "Thank You" in French
Keane: Merci
Izak: "Gasp" MOMMY; I TAUGHT KEANE A FRENCH WORD!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quote History
Over the past year-ish 'auntie Abby' and the Kehler Klan have attempted to capture the cutest and most bizarre quotes that Aiden & Izak...and sometimes, the adults of the house have said. Here are the results of this process. If I know the date it was said, I've included it, for future reference.

No comments:
Post a Comment